Gnumeric 1.2.4 aka "A branching we will go" is now available.
With a few more bugs fixed, and some final features enabled for the
charting engine Gnumeric has now branched. Version 1.2.3 was not announced
due to last minute fixes in xls export. The main extension in this release
is the addition of value formats for the axis labels, user defined, auto
generated from the source data, or from MS Excel.
Development of 1.3.0 has already begun, so releases of the 1.2.x line
will now be bug fix only.
- Adrian Bunk:
- Mark workbook as dirty on sheet deletion/addition
- Minor GUI polish
- Handle broken OO generated xls files
- Minor changes to the sort dialog
- Allow text export to use the rendered strings rather than the stored values
- Fix printing of non-word-wrapped cells with hard line breaks
- Make sure dialogs are visible on session manager communications
- Overzealous renaming.
- Use the right font when editing.
- kludge around mystery inconsistent autfilters in xls
- Patch a leak in the pattern selector
- Fix a potential crash when changing labels on axis
- Modernize the sylk importer
- Fix xls import of plot styles that override defaults
- Fix xml import of ManualRecalc flag
- Horizontal, and Zoom scroll wheel support
- User selectable format for axis labels
- Tune 'General' format width calculation
- Improve quoting of accounting formats
- Auto format selection for axis value labels
- Tweak the mime types we claim to handle
- Some xls export problems in countries outside north america
- John Gill:
- Add a field menu and keyboard shortcuts to the sort dialog
- Jon Kare:
- Fix encoding of author field in summary.
- Some improvements to the format selector widget
- GLPK upgrade to version 4.2
- Handle fractional seconds correctly for UNIX2DATE.
- Fix display of -0:30 again.
- PCRE upgrade to 4.5.
- Fix GLPK to not assert (not implemented)